Thursday 26 May 2011

This month has turned out to be a month of the 'firsts'. 
First time for riding on the Big Wheel  (see 10/05/11)
And this week was my first time at a football match!!

Manchester United is a huge football club here and I'm sure is extremely well known around the world. Well this week one of their longstanding players had his Testimonial and hubby managed to get tickets, so off we went!!  Must say, I didn't really want to go as I have no interest in football, but I'm glad I didn't refuse as we had a great time.  Lots to cheer when they scored a goal and lots of songs I wouldn't sing!!

Pity they didn't win!!  
Great fun though! 
Then there's the first time for this: 

From this




To this:



'Country Living' is my favourite magazine. It has homes, garden tips, recipes and lots of other goodies in it and last year there was a half price subscription - 12 issues for the price of 6 and I couldn't resist.  So as I need somewhere to keep them I thought I'd decorate an empty box.
First time for making a 'book case'!!!

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Brilliant idea, Carol. I should do the same really, but never get round to it.

no spring chicken said...

The Big Wheel, Football, decorated box... you are a woman of diversity!!!

Blessings, Debbie

Cherdecor said...

Now you are talking my language! I love decorating boxes. I cover tissue boxes to match my bed or bath room. I think making bookcases out of boxes is a brilliant idea!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Hey Carol,
For some reason I didn't get your comment on my blog through e-mail so I thought I would write you here. Thanks for the encouragement on my study. It's hard for me but I really want to learn this type of bible study!! I hope all is well over on the other side of the pond!