Tuesday 2 August 2011

Hello!!




Well, we've been away recently and visited Wales.
While we were there we visited Snowdon and
I thought I'd just share a few of the spectacular views from the top of Summit!




You can walk up Snowdon or you can take the train
 It takes one hour by train to reach the top of Snowdon, which
is 3,560ft or 1085m.
The views are SPECTACULAR!!!!




We bought our train ticket from the ticket office
 And then we walked down - 2.5 hours. It was such a lovely walk down.
It was amazing - one of those times when you stop to listen, but there's nothing to listen to!
And sheep...........
 Do you ever wonder how they just appear in the middle of mountains and where do
they live?!?

We had a great time!
 

7 comments:

Mari said...

What beautiful scenery! Looks like a great trip - and what a walk you had!

Elizabethd said...

Such a lovely part of Wales, though I think the two hour walk would have been a bit much now!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks for coming by.......I have never tried drying lavendar either, just know when drying it you should tie it together and hand it upside down. I did make lavendar spray for my linens. That was nice, and easy.

Sounds and look like a lovely time in Wales. Beautiful scenery. Reminds me of Germany many moons ago....
I just love sheep and love to see pics of them on the mountain slopes.
Exactly?? Where do they come from and where do they camp out at night??
I also wonder that about the animal kingdom during hurricanes.....since
that is what we have in Florida.
We did see a lil squirrel hanging on a branch for dear life during a
hurricane once. We sooo wanted to rescue him but couldn't!

Glad you had a lovely vacation and hope by now you have gotten all those answers from the Lord you were looking for..........

Blessings, Nellie

Anonymous said...

When I was a wee one, my favorite animal was a sheep. My dad had lots of them and he put two in a pen for me. I fed them with baby bottles.

I loved looking at your sheep picture. He has longer wool than I have seen on a sheep. He is a beautiful creature!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hello, Carol! What a lovely holiday! Wales looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Hope you are doing well and I say a prayer for you and your family.
Love,
Miriam

Miriam said...

Hello, Carol! I don't know if you still check your blog or not. I wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you & missed you!
I've started a new blog--are you laughing? :)
xx

paul said...

enjoyed the photos

expecially the sheep who looks like he has the whole territory to himself