Monday 2 May 2011

A break away...

After the excitement of the wedding we went to Conwy for an overnight stay and to enjoy the sunshine!!  Can't believe that it's so nice here at the moment!

We stayed in a lovely little B&B surrounded by fields and flowers
And enjoyed afternoon tea on their front lawn

 Then we went for a walk around the castle


You can actually walk along the castle walls and when you get to the top the views are really splendid!  With the weather being so nice and clear we could see for miles!



 Praise God for beautiful countryside and for the eyes to see it with.
 

8 comments:

Mari said...

What a beautiful place - I would love to stay there!

Elizabethd said...

Just a night away in a different place can feel like a real holiday. So glad you had such a good time.

Cherdecor said...

You are so privileged to be close to castles! Your pictures are lovely.

I also liked your celebration and toast to the Royal couple.

Rae said...

I so enjoyed the pictures...just wish I could be there, England that is!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh how I would love to visit your country someday!!!!! The history is just marvelous!!!

Carol said...

Thanks Ladies. There are so many beautiful historical places to visit in England. I'm hoping that this year we'll be able to go to places we haven't been to before and if we do, I'll be sure to share the photos!!

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Great photos, Carol. I too am dreaming of visiting England one day.
Although I must say I do not understand why everyone is so excited about a wedding.
I mean I love weddings ... but I am amazed at how people are celebrating this one.
I must say too that it is a lot of fun.
God bless you and thanks for sharing your country with me.

Bren

Sadie said...

GORGEOUS! Looks like a great time! Thanks for the post on my blog! :) Bookmarking this one!